- You are here:
- LEAP Researcher Training Hub
Welcome to the Training Hub for LUBS, ESSL & Arts, Humanities & Cultures
The LEAP Training Hub provides access to transferable skills training and development opportunities for Business, Arts, Humanities and Social Science Research Students and Early Career Research Staff in the faculties of LUBS, ESSL and Arts, Humanities and Cultures. Our dedicated team, based in SDDU, offer training and development courses covering a wide range of topics and skills, for example in the areas of Professionalisation, Communications Skills, Research Methodologies, Networking, PhD Process and Career Management skills. All of our courses are available to book through an online booking system, just use the 'Book A Course' tab at the top of the home page. We hope that you will find a range of courses that meet your individual training needs. We look forward to seeing you at an event soon.
- Would you like funding to run professional development activity your for fellow early career researchers? Are you a postdoc, i.e. a member of research staff or teaching staff on a fixed term contract after gaining your PhD? You can apply for up to £1000 to run professional development activity for your peers. The next deadline for applications is 5pm on 14th June 2017.
- Proposals are invited from postgraduate research students to organise and run workshop(s) or a conference. The event should involve groups of postgraduate research students from at least two of the following faculties: LUBS, ESSL, Arts Humanities & Cultures. The deadline is 14th June at 5pm.
- For PGRs preparing for their doctoral viva. The aim of the workshop is to allow participants to understand what is required in the Viva Voce and how they can maximize the effectiveness of their preparation.
- PhD students are invited to join this workshop to develop their skills in building their network of useful contacts