Arts, Humanities & Cultures Poster Conference 2017
September 11th, 2017
The Arts, Humanities & Cultures Poster Competition, which is open to all postgraduate researchers in the faculty, will take place on Wednesday 1st November between 10.30 and 13.00 in Parkinson Court. Three cash prizes of £25, £50, and £100 will be awarded. Taking part is easy. Free training is available for entrants and you can have your poster printed free of charge. Display and discuss your poster on the day and compete for a cash prize: £100 goes to the researcher who produces the best poster! You are free to take your poster away with you afterwards. Here are details of the stages:
- Prepare a 200-word abstract on the topic you want to present in the poster. You’ll need this for your application. There is some guidance to help you here.
- Complete the online application form here. Deadline for applications is 5pm on 4th October.
- Take our online poster training session.
- Create a poster which is clearly organised and concisely explains your research in simple language. Design your poster so that someone from another Faculty could understand it.
- Bring your poster to the “poster clinic” (dates to be confirmed) for review with one of our tutors.
- Finalise your poster and save it in PDF format.
- Take your poster to the Print and Copy Bureau (more information on how to do this will be supplied if your abstract is accepted).
Application forms must be submitted by 4th October. Competition participants will automatically be booked for the lunch. Not yet ready to produce a poster? All Arts, Humanities & Cultures postgraduate researchers and staff can still join in. If you’d like to attend the conference, enjoy a free lunch and discuss the posters with the presenters, then click here to register to attend. You must register to get the free lunch.