Digimap:Intro to digital map of Great Britain
Digimap is a collection of online EDINA services that deliver maps and map data of Great Britain to UK Higher Education. Learn how to use Digimap – Ordnance Survey Collection, Historic Digimap and Geology Digimap to create, print and download a variety of digital maps. Learn also how to download map data for use in a GIS package.
A presentation of the functions and content of Digimap, along with some introductory information about maps will be followed by the opportunity to complete an interactive workbook. This workbook contains a number of tasks and activities which will introduce you to Digimap.
This is an interactive starter session ideal for those who have never used Digimap before.
- Use Roam to make a digital map displaying a selection of features
- Use Carto to create maps of different scales and from more than one dataset
- Print a map and download maps for printing
- Use the Postcode Query tool to view an area of your choice
- Use MasterMap Download to download data, then uncompress the data, then open the data in MapInfo Professional
- Use Data Download to download data, then convert the data, then open the data in MapInfo Professional
- Use Historic Digimap to view and download Landmark historic maps from 1843 to 1996
- Use Geology Digimap to view British Geological Survey maps and download data
- Know where to get further help with using the Digimap Collections