Researcher @ Leeds
This full day course is designed to assist Researchers build an online identity using various tools provided by the University of Leeds. The course consists of brief presentations and practical exercises.
Once enrolled on the course, participants will have access to the VLE. The online Learning Tools consist of interactive tutorials and demonstrations in order to help participants familiarise themselves with the software that will be used throughout the course.
- Understand the importance of an online identity, what is a digital footprint and what is the purpose of blogging
- Create personal web site using Dreamweaver CS3
- Create a home page using the Researcher@Leeds templates
- Working with images and hyperlinks on a web site
- Use a flip camera to create a short introduction about self and then upload and store videos on LUTube
- Include flip video on personal web site
- Use the University of Leeds blog system (elgg) to share information, make friends and join communities.