Lunchtime seminar : Research Funding
Open to Postdoctoral researchers and final year PhD students only
If you have had little or no experience of applying for funding, navigating the funding landscape can seem incredibly daunting, especially at a time when the UK Research Councils are undergoing an extensive period of change in terms of the levels, types and areas of funding available.
These lunchtime sessions will:
- provide an overview of how research funding in the UK works: where does the money come from and how can you access it?
- introduce the main funding bodies for your research area and types of funding available at different stages of your career
- guidance and suggestions as to how you can find out about the latest funding opportunities in your discipline
- provide an overview of the University’s support in this area
- include time to discuss any questions that you may have.